Finally the humidity has let up and, luckily, I had the day off today! So I took the back door out to the car port and got to work. The first job today was to sand the whole thing down
Then I used one of those small rollers and primed:
Then I had to replace one of the window panes I broke while stripping the door. I went to the local hardware store, but they didn't carry 1/4" thick glass (I had no idea door glass was so thick, although it makes sense!), so I had to go to a local glass place (I guess it's a store, but I never think of places like this as stores). The guy at the hardware store told me to bring my first born child and my best car because 1/4" thick glass was expensive. But, as it turns out, it only cost $9! The problem was though - while attempting to remove the glass, I broke one of the window stops, so I had to fabricate my own. It wasn't that big a deal, I just ran some decorative base molding through the table saw and - wallah! Window stop!
|Sorry, picture lost to posterity.|
So now the window is in, and the door is primed - the next (and hopefully last) time you hear about this door, it'll be done!!