In the picture above, you can see the rot on top of the backboard and the same was happening on both of the seat boards.So today I decided it was time to #1 - do at least SOME work, and #2 - fix the bench. When I built the bench I used pressure treated lumber for the frame and non-treated for the backboard and the seat. I built it with replacement in mind so I put it together in a way that would make it easy to take apart.
After dissembling for the replacement boards, I simply cut a few notches and put the new boards in place.
Tonight I'll stain the whole thing again with Behr Deck Stain and it should be good for a number of years to come! Staining tonight because, while the repair took less than an hour - it's 90+ degrees outside! Felt great to get out and DO something, even if it was a small project!