I mentioned yesterday that the main portion of our most recent project is complete and now all that remains is punch list items. Seems that list is a mile long, but I finished one item this morning - the sidewalk on the side of the porch. Here's what it looked like this morning:
Three and-a-half hours, $34 and five bags of concrete later, one of the punch list items is checked off:
This side of the porch really turned out well. Before the project there was a pretty substantial gap between the bottom of the porch and the old sidewalk. I planned that all out to close that gap and it actually turned out the way I saw it in my mind (imagine that!). I used about fifteen feet of that sidewalk divider and some scrap wood; and pitched the sidewalk away from the house. Next summer I'll have to do some more concrete work, but for now this side is done!