As I mentioned before, the main portion of the current project is complete and now it's just punch list items. Today was the front steps. Originally, in that little triangle below the steps we had old wood lattice we had painted brown along with the rest of the stoop maybe a dozen years ago. By the time this project started, that lattice was pretty worn out, and to do the siding on the stoop, that old lattice had to come out. This morning, this was the view:
I'm not exactly sure how I installed the lattice originally, but there weren't any spots for affixing the new stuff. So I had to put in some wood blocks:
Once that was complete, I just took my palm sander and gave it a good sanding. Then I used Kilz primer to get it all ready for painting.
Then it was just a matter of sizing, cutting an installing the new lattice. I found that my Sonic Tool (my new favorite tool by the way) was perfect for making quick work of cutting the lattice. I opted for vinyl lattice and the vinyl lattice trim.
And just a shot from the other side...
So the punch list is well under way! Not sure of the next step yet, but that trim has got to be painted before we get too much closer to winter.