Fixing the Basement Walls - Part 2

So I feel like I got a good start on Saturday...figured out the steps to take, products to use and began perfecting working on my technique.  One thing I did discover was that the cement mix didn't go as far as I thought it would.  I went through a 20 pound pail for just that one stretch of one wall.  Lowes doesn't carry the 50 pound bag, so I'm going to have to search that out.

On Sunday I picked up where I left off:


The next section looked like this:


After scraping, brushing, vacuuming, dusting, vacuuming and dusting again, applying bonding agent, and waiting, more cement finally went up.


And so, another shot of the progress:


Not bad for the first weekend of work.  Now that I have at least a general idea of what to do, I'm hoping to pick up the pace a little.  Sure like to get this one done before spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made at 173: Dining Room Table

173's First Christmas Mantel! (Maybe)

The Kitchen - Part 3: Walls