As I mentioned the other day, I was having a hard time getting motivated to get back to the walls. A lot of stress this weekend left me rather disinterested, but at the same time I wanted to be busy and at least plug along. Here's a shot of the east wall in the laundry room, the same wall that's shared with the workshop.
As I got to the far end near the door to the cold cellar, I ran into a little snag:
It seems that this old board had seen better days...so I cut off the lower section and figured I'd splice a piece in. Also, the concrete behind that board crumbled quite a bit, so the cold cellar will get some attention too.
Here's a shot of the east wall looking into the workshop. The concrete bonding agent has already been applied.
A couple hours later the cement went up...
Then this afternoon, the first coat of Drylok:
And just for fun, here's a before and after (although it's more of a progress shot):
At least it was a little progress! Getting closer to the laundry room (excitement mixed with nerves).