Skip to main content

The Laundry Room Celing - (Hopefully) Never Again!

I'm not in a great mood, so there won't be a lot of jibber jabber tonight, but I did want to post some update pictures.  Most of the laundry room is done, meaning that the basement project is nearing the end! After this weekend, I'm really down to just punch-list items.  So without further ado...as you can see from the pic below, some of the pipes in the laundry room hung pretty low.  For the most part the new ceiling would cover them, but because of their positioning, some couldn't be and would be a major pain to work around.
So I figured I would soffet around them.  Here's the basic framing:
Then it was just a matter of some 1x6's:
After that, it was ceiling time.  Of course I started with the grid...
Lemme tell you something, it's a fairly small room and it wasn't real hard to do, but if I never put in another drop ceiling it'll be too soon!  Then came the tiles...
Next is a wider shot.  Things are going pretty fast now, so some of the flaws you see in this shot will be finished off soon.  
On to the punch list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made at 173: Dining Room Table

OK, so this table wasn't exactly made at 173, but it was re-done!  Bear with me a minute.  For years the dining room was just missing something...
I know, it's not Christmas, but you know, with all the pictures taken around here, there just isn't a clean shot of the dining room...this was the closest.  But it gives you an idea - there's no table!  It's been that way ever since the previous family was here... Huh.  Just dawned on me...that's a Christmas picture too.  Anyway, just hadn't put a table in there.  For the longest time we just weren't sure what kind of table belonged.  There are so many choices out there! Seriously though, I think it was always destined to be a pedestal table.  But there were conditions...it  had to have an interesting build, it had to have a leaf, and it could NOT be oak!  So that really put limitations on what kind of table 173 would have. It wasn't even on the radar (although it was kinda always on the radar) for a din…

The Back Stoop - Done! (Well, for the most part)

As a reminder, when I started the back stoop, which seems like forever ago, it looked like this:
So it was time.  At the end of the last post, the stoop was looking like: It was getting there.  Really, all I had to do was paint, but if you know me - I......hate.....painting!  Stain on the floorboards and two coats of B-I-N primer, and two coats of paint later, here it was (of course Linus supervised throughout): Oh, just a quick step backward - here's the stoop without the doors.  As you can see the mower and some other things are stored below: What you can't see here is that the storage runs the entire length of the back porch, more storage is always good!  Anyway, I showed you in the first post about the stoop that I had built the doors, so all that was left was to paint them (of course - ugh) and hang them.   Aaahhhhhh, so much better - or was it?  The pad outside the stoop looked like, well Ma will be reading this so - it looked like (insert your own word).  I hate when y…

The Kitchen - Part 3: Walls

The walls were solid, but paint was peeling everywhere, and there were some rough spots throughout...
If you look closely at the picture above (and below for that matter, you can see the spackle in pink.  And, this next picture shows where there was a large dip in the wall that leads to the dining room.  It was significant enough that it made the ceiling look horrible, and I had to put so much spackle on that I figured I better put some tape in it: I used this stuff: I liked it because it went on pink, and when it was dry it turned white, taking the guessing game out of it.  Besides that, as to quality - well, it worked just like any spackling I suppose. Then there was the area behind the stove - what a mess.  All these years there was this big piece of metal on the wall behind the stove, and a large piece of melamine on the wall next to it: And here's the sheet of metal behind it: Luckily it all came off pretty easily, but how ugly is that glue? Only one thing to do - cover it: I…